Thursday, October 9, 2008
1. I have come to realize I have a serious love-hate relationship with sPiDeRs, SICK I KNOW! Words can't describe how disgusting I think they are, and yet, if someone says, "Eww, a spider!" I am the first one there to look at it. Then I shiver and rant and rave about how sneaky and revolting they are. It drives Todd crazy because rather than just letting him kill it, I have to come and express how SICK that is. Why do I do that to myself?
2. I am absolutely fascinated with tornadoes. I hope to witness one, a big one, someday. (Maybe I will feel differently afterward!)
3. I am cursed with a little thing called homesickness. When I was little I would cry when my dad went to work and when my parents went out of town I would do naughty things like cut up my mom's clothes because I was so angry at her for leaving me. ( Me, do naughty things, I know it is hard to believe :) I don't think I voluntarily had a sleep over until I was almost 13!
4. I sleep with a hot rice bag almost every night. There is nothing more wonderful. Infact, I just barely threw away the rice bag Eden made for me in like, 3rd grade? Seroiusly, it was so old but one of the best gifts I have ever been given.
5. I have been SELF-diagnosed with mild hypochondria. I realized this when I took a Human Diseases class and I went home after each class seriously stressed out and convinced that I had every disease we learned about. Good thing I have a logical and patient husband who convinces me regurlarly that I don't have that disease or that, "babe, that is totally normal, your fine." Ha ha!
6. I am turning into my mother (or in other words, slowly losing my mind, in a good way!). Those of you who know my mom's quirky side, know that I am headed down the same road. For example, today when I had just finished teaching a lesson on child abuse in a 6th grade class, I grabbed my bag and was looking back and waving bye to the kids on my way out the door. As I turned around and the door closed behind me, I realized I was standing in their supplies closet. HA HA, I had walked right into their closet and shut the door behind me. I could only laugh as I opened the door and walked back into the classroom full of giggling students.
So there you have it, thank goodness for each of our quirks, it makes life so much more exciting! I tag: Debbie Crowther, Mandy, Amanda Daniels, Eden, Michelle Harries and MeKenzie!
Friday, October 3, 2008
So a quick word of advice, NEVER throw out old furniture. Older furniture is made so sturdy and is such high quality furniture, it will last forever and there is always a way to modernize it and make it more you. And besides that, it is cheaper and there is just something so satisifying about fixing up something and making it good as new!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Yes, I do have a job! I work for Prevent Child Abuse Utah. I am a "prevention specialist." I spend my days at our office or teaching prevention classes on bullying, child abuse, teen dating violence and internet safety in schools and other organizations. So far, I love it! I really love teaching in the schools, which was my original plan as a occupation, so I feel blessed that I found this job which still gives me that opportunity. And yes...
We now live in Salt Lake, YEAH! Utah County treated us well, but I must admit I am loving our new location. We are renting my brother Peter and sister in law Amanda's basement. Which means we get to see them along with our sweet little Liesel on a daily basis. SO FUN!
Life is great and hopefully I will get some pictures up soon, but for now just know that we love you all!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I was in love with this bed. I felt like a princess sleeping in it. You can't tell from this picture how big, fluffy and covered in pillows it was.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Here it is, finally, a summary of my Washington D.C. trip. We had such a great time and it was so good to see my sister. I think you will know which one she is in the pictures ;) It was really cool to visit our nation's capitol and then celebrate Independence Day a week later. We are so blessed to live in this country. My highlights include of the trip include seeing the temple and the National Museum of Health and Medicine. I have some pictures from that museum in the video!!! Enjoy.