So now that a few of my friends have tagged me, I guess it is time I do my duty as a fellow blogger and join in the fun. Apparently I am suppose to tell 6 unspectacular quirks about myself and then tag 6 friends to do the same. So here it goes. ( OH, and by the way, if you know more of my silly quirks, feel free to remind me of them in a comment! Since I got married I am suddenly much more aware of my quirks and it is kind of fun when someone points it out.)
1. I have come to realize I have a serious love-hate relationship with sPiDeRs, SICK I KNOW! Words can't describe how disgusting I think they are, and yet, if someone says, "Eww, a spider!" I am the first one there to look at it. Then I shiver and rant and rave about how sneaky and revolting they are. It drives Todd crazy because rather than just letting him kill it, I have to come and express how SICK that is. Why do I do that to myself?
2. I am absolutely fascinated with tornadoes. I hope to witness one, a big one, someday. (Maybe I will feel differently afterward!)
3. I am cursed with a little thing called homesickness. When I was little I would cry when my dad went to work and when my parents went out of town I would do naughty things like cut up my mom's clothes because I was so angry at her for leaving me. ( Me, do naughty things, I know it is hard to believe :) I don't think I voluntarily had a sleep over until I was almost 13!
4. I sleep with a hot rice bag almost every night. There is nothing more wonderful. Infact, I just barely threw away the rice bag Eden made for me in like, 3rd grade? Seroiusly, it was so old but one of the best gifts I have ever been given.
5. I have been SELF-diagnosed with mild hypochondria. I realized this when I took a Human Diseases class and I went home after each class seriously stressed out and convinced that I had every disease we learned about. Good thing I have a logical and patient husband who convinces me regurlarly that I don't have that disease or that, "babe, that is totally normal, your fine." Ha ha!
6. I am turning into my mother (or in other words, slowly losing my mind, in a good way!). Those of you who know my mom's quirky side, know that I am headed down the same road. For example, today when I had just finished teaching a lesson on child abuse in a 6th grade class, I grabbed my bag and was looking back and waving bye to the kids on my way out the door. As I turned around and the door closed behind me, I realized I was standing in their supplies closet. HA HA, I had walked right into their closet and shut the door behind me. I could only laugh as I opened the door and walked back into the classroom full of giggling students.
So there you have it, thank goodness for each of our quirks, it makes life so much more exciting! I tag: Debbie Crowther, Mandy, Amanda Daniels, Eden, Michelle Harries and MeKenzie!