So I guess it is time to post some pictures of pregnant me. We realized a few weeks back we hadn't even taken a single picture of me pregnant yet so we took my first one at about 18 weeks, which is the one below.
So here we are at nearly 24 weeks and counting. (Please excuse the messy, undone hair!) I can't believe how much he has grown in the last few weeks, which means I also can't believe how much I have grown in the last few weeks.
Here are some things I love about being pregnant:
* I love to feel him kicking and moving. It makes it all real. Todd thinks it is fun to shine a flash light on my belly because baby pushes back on the light. It is their little game.
* I love it when he gets the hiccups. So cute!
* I love seeing other peoples sweet babies and knowing soon enough we will have our own.
* I love hearing his heart beating.
* I love to see peoples smiles when they see a pregnant belly. There is something about it that people are drawn to (obviously more women than men!). It is even fun to have strangers ask how far along I am, except for Todd's coworker who asked him if I was having the baby really soon. Hmmm....NOPE.
* I love just thinking about the fact that I have a little person living inside of me, depending on me. I think it is the neatest thing I will ever experience in my life and I feel blessed I get the opportunity.
Now allow me to make one or two little complaints about being pregnant:
* Insane muscle cramps in my calves. I had heard some people say they experienced these when they were pregnant, and I have now joined the club. Altering my diet a little has helped lately, but I wake up afraid to stretch out my legs at all!
* Maternity clothes. Enough said.
But overall, I feel like I have had a great pregnancy so far and time is flying. December 5th will be here before we know it and there is still a lot to do before he comes.
Some other things have been growing around our house besides me and baby. Todd picked this entire bowl of cherries off of our very own cherry tree in our backyard! I am so happy it actually grew cherries because my favorite dessert in the world is homemade cherry pie with vanilla ice cream. And the great thing is you can freeze these cherries and have cherry pie all year long. Yeah!
This lovely flower randomly grew on the side of our driveway. I liked it until we found the huge, bright yellow spider living on it! Have you ever seen a spider like this in your life?