Friday, March 6, 2009

First Time

So far, the year 2009 has been a year of firsts.
For the first time in my life I...
  • Turned 22 years old (and celebrated it with my parents in a bar, probably a last, ha ha)
  • Went to a Vienna Boys Choir concert (incredible and inspiring)
  • Bought a house (and payed a mortgage, scary!)
  • Had water back up in the basement of my new house :(
  • Dug up our sewer line and half the front yard to fix the house (a tree root was growing in our pipe, no wonder it was backing up!)
  • Remodeled (still in the process) my own kitchen (which meant learning how to use a nail gun, etc...)
  • Actually ASKED Todd to take me to HomeDepot for Valentines Day (his dream come true)
  • Will be going to Europe in 2 weeks,

(Switzerland to be percise)



ALL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!! And it has only been 2 months. I wonder what else 2009 will bring?!?!?!?!
  • But even more importantly, for the first time in my life I have really realized how blessed I am . Neighbors, family, and friends have showered us with service and love. Thank you Rob, for steam cleaning my floors for 2 days. You are such a sweet brother. Thank you Adam, Kenzie, Brandon, Josh, Bud, Linda and Wade for helping us in the move. Thank you, Bud (my father-in-law), for spending hours in your wood shop helping me refinish my cabinets and teaching me so much. Thank you mom and dad for feeding us, letting us use your running water and keeping our spirits up. Thank you neighbors for the cookies, visits and notes. Thank you Mike, Dave and Ron for taking an entire day to figure out our water issue. Thank you Dallas for sneaking over and plowing our driveway every time it snows, we know it is you! And thank you to everyone for your kind, small acts of love and service, they have not gone unnoticed!

That is the reason I LOVE Oakley.



6 comments:

made sweet said...

europe!!!?? jealous.

lindsey said...

Wowa! Europe?!! So fun!! You lucky ducks. That will be such a blast.

Sheesh.All your stories about your new house makes me nervous to be a home owner! But worth it Im sure. We cant wait to come see you guys and your new home!

Mandy and Brian said...

Arrgh, I miss Oakley!! And I miss you guys too :(. I better see you before you go to Switzerland so I can give you my list of supplies you need to bring back...mostly chocolate.

Unknown said...

Hey you haven't lived until you've had catastrophic water invasion, that's my philosophy! You guys sound busy very busy, but we'd love to see the place. And Jenny has yet to ask to go to Home Depot, I thought I'd hear those magical words when we redid the basement, but alas I had to go alone every time.

Riley and Whittney said...

Annie,
Hey I came across your blog so I hope you don't mind me posting a little comment!! Congrats on the house that's exciting but lots of work, we remodeled our house too so been there right along side ya with all the unexpected events!! hope all is well and have fun on your Vay Cay!!!!!!

the Andershall Family said...

Congratulations on Adulthood Annie! Love your blog!

-Aunt Georgia