For the first time in my life I...
- Turned 22 years old (and celebrated it with my parents in a bar, probably a last, ha ha)
- Went to a Vienna Boys Choir concert (incredible and inspiring)
- Bought a house (and payed a mortgage, scary!)
- Had water back up in the basement of my new house :(
- Dug up our sewer line and half the front yard to fix the house (a tree root was growing in our pipe, no wonder it was backing up!)
- Remodeled (still in the process) my own kitchen (which meant learning how to use a nail gun, etc...)
- Actually ASKED Todd to take me to HomeDepot for Valentines Day (his dream come true)
- Will be going to Europe in 2 weeks,
(Switzerland to be percise)
ALL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!! And it has only been 2 months. I wonder what else 2009 will bring?!?!?!?!
- But even more importantly, for the first time in my life I have really realized how blessed I am . Neighbors, family, and friends have showered us with service and love. Thank you Rob, for steam cleaning my floors for 2 days. You are such a sweet brother. Thank you Adam, Kenzie, Brandon, Josh, Bud, Linda and Wade for helping us in the move. Thank you, Bud (my father-in-law), for spending hours in your wood shop helping me refinish my cabinets and teaching me so much. Thank you mom and dad for feeding us, letting us use your running water and keeping our spirits up. Thank you neighbors for the cookies, visits and notes. Thank you Mike, Dave and Ron for taking an entire day to figure out our water issue. Thank you Dallas for sneaking over and plowing our driveway every time it snows, we know it is you! And thank you to everyone for your kind, small acts of love and service, they have not gone unnoticed!
That is the reason I LOVE Oakley.